CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Roy Orbison and Jeff Lynne

Some of you younger kids out there may not have heard of Roy Orbison, but I know


you've all heard the song "Pretty Woman."

He was pretty big back in his day.

He has three hits that made it to the grammy's hall of fame.

Evlis called him the "Greatest sing in the world."

In 1989 he was inducted in to the Songwriters Hall of fame.

In 1998 he was honored with the Grammy Lifetime Achievment Award.

Rolling stone put 4 of his songs in there "500 greatest hits of all time" chart.

And they ranked him #37 out the 100 Greatest artist of all time.

I know this is a cheesie video. Here is the late Roy Orbison with Pretty Woman:

(Aunt Mindy, this song makes me think of you!)










I don't expect anyone to know who Jeff Lynne is.

But that's okay, I'll tell you a little bit about him.

Jeff was born in 1947.

He has a very long musical background, which is kinda boring, but important non the less.

He co-wrote a ton of songs. Good ones too, such as:

"With a little help from my friends" The Beatles

"I've got my mind set on you" George Harrison

"You got it" Roy Orbison

He also produced a bunch of albums for Tom Petty, Roy Orbison, Paul McCartney, and Ringo

Starr, and the Traveling Wilburys.

Who's the Traveling Wilburys you say? I'll tell ya in a minute.

1 comment:

Love, Deborah said...

oooooo I am soooo excited!!!!