CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 17, 2008

See, I was going somewhere with all this

I just wanted everyone to know how BIG, all these musicians are.

I know that most of you (if not all of you) have heard of at least 2, maybe 3 of these guys.

Greg, even your comment (that was awesome by the way) about how you don't like Bob Dylan, you still put how famous he is. Which was the exact point I was trying to make.

So, you would just think: That if all these guys, Tom Petty, Roy Orbison, Bob Dylan, George Harrison, and Jeff Lynne all got together and formed a band,

HOW WOULD ANYONE NOT KNOW OF IT!

YEAH it really happened. And it makes me sad that non of you know about it.

My Dear friend Deborah is the only person I've ever met who has heard of these guys.

I'm so grateful that I stumbled upon them when I was still little.

I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Once upon a time...

George Harrison was asked to do a B-side (a filler song on an album no one ever listens too.)

He asked Jeff Lynne and Roy Orbison if they wanted to help him write "a little tune."

They asked Bob Dylan if they could mess around in his studio. He said yes.

George's guitar was over at Tom Petty's house, so Jeff and Tom picked George up and they all went to Bob's to play.

And they all wrote a song. "Handle with Care"

They turned it in for the B-side and the producers said it was WAY to good to be wasted on a B-side and asked if they wanted to make an album out of it.

And they did. They all wanted to keep if fun. Nothing serious so they came up with with name Traveling Wilburys. They all write, they all sing, and they all play.









This video was made after Roy died. That's his guitar in the rocking chair.



3 comments:

Janet said...

It's good to know that all your rambling did in fact have a purpose. :O) That's really cool though - and random. Thanks for sharing!

Love, Deborah said...

That is greatness right there, SOOO GOOOD!!! Really I just love them, all of them!! Thanks so much for these great posts, they all make me really happy!

Julie Kohler said...

Ahem, you can add me to the list-o-people who know the Travelling Wilburys! You totally took me back to my childhood- watching good ol' VH1- although I do not profess to have your extensive knowledge- those songs are ones that stick in your head! I haven't been on here in a while, it was fun to read your posts on these crazy fellas. :)