CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Baby Chuck!

So I know it's been a while, but I had this post in-mind, and I couldn't post it until my friend Janet posted first. I don't want to "steal the thunder" if you know what I mean.



I had never seen a natural birth before. My good friend Janet, just happened to be pregnant, and delivering naturally. So I was really excited when she said I could be there and watch!!! Yeah!



This really is something that I think every woman should witness. It is so awesome. Birth in general is awesome. But to do it without drugs? Even better my friends!



Most of you already know that I had Noah at home and without drugs. Janet was there as my doula and kinda got turned into my midwife. It was great, 3 hours, I didn't even have to push once. My body just kinda spat him out. Mine, and my mom's C-section with Taylor was all I've ever seen of birth. And my mom's was only about 20 minutes.



So Greg (or maybe Janet, I can't remember) called me the morning of baby Chuck and said it's time. And I said, "Time for what?" Ya, I can be that slow sometimes.



I picked Deb up and we got there about noon. She labored awhile. Not very exciting yet, although Greg did make some wicked chicken! (Thanks Greg!) And with every contraction I was a little jealous that it was Janet and not me. Yes, natural birth is that awesome! I did confess my thoughts to Janet and she made me feel a lot better by saying, " That's okay, I felt the same way when you were having Noah."



It's great to have a friend like that. That you can be totally honest with, no worries about hurt feelings. She even told me once she hated my knew hair cut. Janet I love you!!!



About 4 or 5ish Janet was checked and was at a 6! So I got really excited thinking here we go any minute. Just a few more contractions, come on we've be doing this all freakin' day!



Another few hours go by and Deb had to leave on a photo shoot for an hour and left a camera with me to kinda "take over until I get back" I'm just really glad I paid attention a few weeks before when Deb was showing me some different things. It was great fun. And Deb didn't have to delete all of them either. I actually got a pretty big handful of good pics. (and a couple of great ones!)



So about 9 Janet's labor kinda slowed down. Greg told me she was going to take a nap. And by the way she was dilated to a 9. Like that happens? Like you can just stop and rest for awhile? I don't even know what a 9 feels like. It's 5,6,7, baby for me! 9 what? Crazy woman! So I took Noah home to go to bed and went on a Frosty run for everyone.



I walked in the door with balancing 9 frosties to here Laura (the midwife) say, "Janet, talk to your baby." I immediately thought "Oh damn it! I missed it!" I then looked to Deb and she had a huge smile on her face and was waving my over to her.



Oh no, there was no baby yet. Chuck just happened to be anterior and a little stuck. He was a hard one. (That's what she said) Janet tried a few more times and Greg gave her a blessing. Janet decided to transport.



So off we went to the hospital.


Baby Chuck was born naturally at 11:08 pm on 10.09.08



Beautiful baby boy. Good job mom. Greg, you were awesome. The whole birth team was Great, at home and at the hospital. Nice pics Deb.



Janet, thank you so much for letting me be a part of this. You have a wonderful family, a super supportive husband and awesome kids! I really appreciate everything that you've done for me and my babies. I know without a doubt, that I could not have done it without you!

6 comments:

Jess said...

That's so great that you could be there with her. You're such a good friend!

Tosha G said...

Ok so I have to find out on your blog that you're pregnat. Congrats!

heidijogoody said...

Um yeah and I am feeling the same way as Tosha thanks for calling the family that lives away to tell them you are pregnant you little meanie!

Unknown said...

You're pregnant!!! Woohoo! Congrats! At least I had your blog address so I could find out now and not after you actually have the baby. :)

Janet said...

You're so welcome Sarah. I'm glad you could be a part of his birth and I'm so happy to have been (and to do it again soon) a part of your births.

It's good to have friends who tell you they hate your hair. :O)

Janet said...

Ive got to comment again to say that mike and quel, I feel sad for you that you won't experience how truly amazing natural birth can be. Just ask those of us who have done it both ways.

And I do take offense to being called an idiot. Wouldn't you? I try my best not to judge other people for the way they choose to give birth and expect the same in return.