CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Unfinished Gifts

I received this last night:


I own the pan, it was simply being returned to me. With some unmade lemon bars, and an apology that the bars were not made.
I was also offered two Christmas gifts this week, one with out a tag, (when all the others had them, and one without a treat, (when all the others had one.)
Then I started thinking about unfinished gifts, why we give them and who gets them.
I think the people that receive these "unfinished gifts" are loved more, at least I like to think that I am.
Let me explain:
The reasons we give them: life kinda gets in the way, we get short handed, we run out of stuff or just don't feel like it.
I think when I'm in any of these gift giving situations, that gift will always go to my mom.
Mom gets it because she doesn't care if it's unfinished or not.
She loves the gift, no matter what it is.
She knows that life happens to everyone.
She won't talk bad to anyone about receiving it such poor conditions.
She understands "it's the thought that counts."
Sad as it might be sometimes, family gets put on the back burner and she is just grateful to be there.
And she will still love me unconditionally.
I am grateful for my unmade lemon bars.
Thanks!

7 comments:

Love, Deborah said...

i love you sarah.

Janet said...

I absolutely LOVE your positive outlook on everything! Let me know when you figure out how to patent it and pass it on...it's certainly needed in this house right now!

The Leithead Family said...

My mom usually gets the unfinished gifts too. Poor lady. Glad she loves me anyways. This year it is a "scrapbooked" calendar with only the month of January completed!! Oops!

Mamaw said...

Sarah, you are such a beautiful woman, I love you very much. The gifts that you give me are the best because they are from your heart and filled with love whether they are finished or not. I know that the gift you will be giving me in May will be completed but I hope it's not the last.

Love, Deborah said...

Ha! Catherine that is funny!! Sarah, did you notice that your post is shaped like a Christmas tree?? Cool!

Jess said...

I'm so glad you love unfinished gifts, cause that means you're going to LOVE mine!

Molly Haddenham said...

are these the ones the you had me make the other day?
I thought so.